Thursday, June 17, 2010

yada yada yada

yada, yada, yada, I just got a new road bike.

My Cervelo R3 has a broken fork and a cracked frame, the bars were mashed, and both shifters were obliterated. The Reynolds Assault front wheel looked Ok, but one spoke had cracked the internal housing, plus it was full of bad juju, so I am having it rebuilt by the factory at a pretty good discount. The Reynolds wheels are strong enough to snap a fork and crack a frame. Wow, that's pretty amazing.

Cervelo has a crash replacement program, but I decided to go with a Felt FC instead. I decided a while ago not to buy any more DuraAce shifters, so I replaced my smashed left shifter with an Ultegra one. I actually had a right shifter on the shelf.

Hopefully I'll be out of my cast on July 8th, just in time for TOTV.

No comments:

Post a Comment