Saturday, October 6, 2012

Stitched Up

A couple of months ago, I was starting to get back into the groove of doing training rides that were aimed at preparing me for racing the CX season. That would then be the basis for training through the winter, and hopefully road racing again in 2013. But something was wrong. One day, I'd get out and do a really solid ride, the next I'd be slow. I didn't feel tired or anything, just no power.

Finally, a couple of weeks ago, I went out for a run and felt pain like I'd never experienced before. It felt a like a hot poker in the lower abdomen. It was enough to make me go to the doctor. Yada yada. Thursday I had hernia surgery. Apparently, it was pretty bad. Possibly something that had taken two or three years to develop. I never even noticed.

I am amazed at how well the surgery went. I was walking around with little difficulty an hour after being sliced open and stitched up. The next day, per the doctors orders, I walked about 3 hours. Tomorrow, I'll get out and ride if the weather cooperates.

I'll probably take it easy for at least a couple of weeks, then start trying to fulfill that need for speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment