Tuesday, May 18, 2010

the legs aren't willing

For the past year or so, I've been working from home. That makes riding much easier--really, it makes life much easier. But recently, I've been driving into the office so I can work in the lab. This morning in the rain, I got a good reminder about how much time driving can take out of the week. Anyway, it ended up being a long day. I had no chance to head out to Westlake, but at least I still had a chance to get out on the bike before the sun set.

I was pretty pumped up to get out and do some hard intervals. I rolled down to the bike path and took an absent minded drink from my water bottle, and immediately realized I was totally dehydrated. I probably had two cups of liquid in 10 hours. I did one interval and just sort of ran out of steam half way through. I took a little break, then tried to pick up the pace again, but without much success. Even though I felt pretty good mentally, my legs were toast.

Hopefully I'll get back to my normal routine in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment