Sunday, January 16, 2011

brace yourself

Could it really be that easy?

I had knee problems this whole ski season. Last week after only an hour at Chapin, for example, my knee was radiating pain through my entire leg. I had to wait a few minutes in the car before I could drive home. I decided to try a knee brace before making a doctor's appointment.

I ordered one online, but I also just picked up a neoprene brace from the drug store and tried it out yesterday. An hour went by. No pain. So I stayed out another hour. No problem at all.

I'm not sure what the deal is with my knee, so I'm not sure what problem the brace fixed. It either kept it warm, or supported it laterally.

Whatever it is, I'm happy. I enjoy two hours on the skis, but could never do two hours on the trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment