Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year

New Year, time to start thinking about racing season.

The typical Northeast Ohio ski season is well underway. That is, it's over just when it got started. My skiing form was just returning when all the snow melted. I haven't started this year's training log, yet, but I probably managed to do about 10-15 hours of skiing in December.

I've spent a grand total of two hours on the trainer so far this season, and I got out on the road for a frozen hour on Sunday in the 27F weather. It felt pretty good to be out on dry roads and not indoors at the Y or on the trainer. That is, it felt good until the cold really soaked in.

My main goal this winter is to drop some weight. If I manage to chip off 10 pounds by the end of February, I'll treat myself to a new TT bike. Time trials will be a bigger part of my racing season this year.

I hope everyone has a safe, happy, and healthy 2011 and I will see y'all out there soon enough.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Glad to know that I will see you at more TT's this year.
You are always welcome to use/try mine.

Post a Comment