Friday, April 8, 2011

flux capacity

I've had a long period of stability in my life--great for training and riding a lot. Now, I am in a transition period, professionally, personally, and maybe geographically--all of it really good--and cycling has dropped down the list of priorities. This spring, I've only got about 100 miles in my legs. I have been keeping my general fitness up by running, and heading to the Y during the evenings, but I haven't been able to get out on the bike as much as I would like.

So, this season, I might not do a whole lot of road racing, but I will be riding, time trialing, and getting out on the road as much as possible.

2 comments:

Jim said...

At some stage in life, we all come to the conclusion that other things take priority. Then later, riding will come back strong. We can NEVER get away. Even if we can't ride, we can hold events! BTW, glad to know TT's are high on your list and you can use my bike anytime you want.

Kevin Kimmich said...

I experienced that back in the mid 90s. I was completely pre-occupied with other things, and hardly rode at all, but always missed the bike and the thrill of riding fast with a group.

Back then, I totally let my fitness slide and it really took a couple of years to get some portion of it back. I remember heading out to ride from home and went on the Kirtland Chardon Road climb. It took 15 minutes!

Post a Comment