Friday, September 18, 2009

Final Leroy TT for 2009

During my warmup ride for the Leroy TT, my legs were still feeling pretty thrashed from the Whiskey Island CX race and from an intense training ride on Tuesday, so I thought my chance of breaking the 20 minute mark was slim. But it was a perfect night, and the season finale, so I wanted to give it my best shot.

My plan for this week was to ignore my power meter and try to spin at 100+ rpm as much as possible instead of my usual 90-95 rpm.

I started second, and took it pretty easy for the first couple of minutes, and gradually ramped up the effort toward the corner, and had to concentrate to keep my cadence high. There was a slight headwind, like last week, and it felt pretty slow all the way to the corner. I did a pretty good effort up the climb.

The return leg was tough. I got out of the saddle a couple of times to keep my momentum going, but didn't have any punch over the last mile. In the second half of the season, I haven't been able to hammer over the last couple of miles like I did in June and early July. So I finished with a slower time than last week in keeping with the overall down trend since my season best time. I averaged 300W again even though I barely glanced at the power meter.

I've done a pretty good job of keeping records this season, so I'll be able to review the whole training log and figure out what worked and what didn't this year. The TT has been a good way to measure my fitness throughout the season. Thanks, Jim for a great season of racing!

No comments:

Post a Comment