Monday, October 12, 2009

Playing Chicken with Swine Flu

Since the beginning of October, some virus has been rolling around in me. I felt some symptoms right after Leroy. I had a tight throat and my legs felt like spaghetti when I went out to ride a couple of times. Luckily, I noticed it before I completely ran myself into the ground and rested until I felt pretty healthy.

I thought I was back on track, and went back to my normal workout schedule over the weekend. First, I hit the weight room to get used to pumping iron again, then did a short, but intense road ride on Saturday, then a nice easy spin on Sunday, when I felt the symptoms start to creep back--tired, slightly scratchy throat.

So it looks like another week with no riding. Hopefully I'll feel better by the time the Willoughby CX race rolls around. That course is tough and I could easily shred my immune system if I'm not careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment