Sunday, February 21, 2010

flu


I've gone a couple years without getting the flu, but not this year. It caught up with me on Thursday night. I felt crummy on Friday, and spent the day stuck to the couch watching the Olympics. I even watched women's curling. I've got a pretty good crush on the Russian women's curling team's Liudmila Privivkova.

By Saturday, I wasn't sure if I was sore from the virus or from sitting on the couch, so I got out for a 30 minute ride. I actually felt pretty good riding out Bass Lake Road until I stopped at 322. Then I felt horrible, so I turned around and crawled back home. I tried again today and felt pretty good the whole time. I probably could have done an actual training ride, but played it safe and just did an easy hour.

Riding after the flu reminded me of how out of shape I was just a few years ago. I started riding and working out again in about 2003 after a few years break from doing any sports. I remember one of those first rides out Bass Lake Road. The little hill by Sherman Road felt like a mountain. Today, even with the flu, I motored up there with no problem.

Hopefully I'll stay healthy for the rest of the winter. It's time to start riding a lot more. The skis are going into storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment