Tuesday, August 24, 2010

just ride

I DVR'ed the Isle of Man TT last night, then watched it this morning over breakfast. I didn't need any coffee to get going after that! The helmet cam footage from a motorcycle tearing around old twisting roads and near stone walls at 180 mph did the trick. After that, I was jonesing for some speed. I was going to go out to Westlake to get a fix, but I'm still pretty wary about racing. If I crashed and broke my bike, even if I didn't get hurt, I'd be seriously bummed. I haven't done a complete inventory of the costs from the wreck this spring, but it was a whole lot more than I ever wanted to flush away.

Instead, I did a ride that included some long stretches of road where I could really get moving. I cruised down to Little Mountain Road and hauled some ass. There's a section of the road that has a 2% downhill grade where it's relatively easy to hang onto 35 mph--the zealously enforced speed limit--for about a mile. After that, I ended up doing the Garfield Road/Kirtland Chardon Road loop back to Chardon.

My legs are starting to feel pretty good. Even though I'm not going to be doing any road races, I've still got a few season training goals to go for, so I'm still feeling motivated. Plus, it's great to just get out and ride in the cool, crisp fall air, especially after so many weeks of tropical weather.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Sometimes discretion is the smarter way to go. The only really important thing is that you enjoy whatever you do on the bike.

Post a Comment