Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Training Tweaks

I'm in the no-man's land of my season. I'm trying to make a jump in fitness, but am not fit enough to be competitive in harder races. I'm able to sustain good power for long intervals, but I don't have the endurance to do it repeatedly. Also, I'm starting to feel perma-tired.

So I'll drop to three sessions per week, but boost the intensity. So, Saturday will be interval day, where I'll try to do about 75% of the work of Westlake. Tuesday will be Westlake A race. Thursday, Leroy TTx2; I'll do the TT, then a second less intense effort over the course. Hopefully with the additional time to rest and recover, I'll gain some endurance.

A Westlake simulation would be, maintain 250-300W with jumps every 2 minutes for 70 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment