Saturday, May 2, 2009

To "B" or not to "B"

The Westlake Training Series is set to start on May 5. For the past few seasons, I've been riding in the "B" field. I've been steadily improving my fitness since I started racing and riding again in 2005. 

It's time for me to switch from the "B" race to the "A" race. I don't think I can gain any fitness from riding the "B" field again this year. I know the "A" race average speed is 26-27 mph while the B field only averages about 24 on a fast night. I'm confident I could average 24 by myself for quite a long time on that course with my current level of fitness.

The drawback to riding the A race, is it's going to be the equivalent of motorpacing for me, rather than racing. Hopefully I'll be able to stay in the field, even if I'm dropped I'll keep doing the A race for the first month of the Westlake season.

No comments:

Post a Comment