Friday, July 24, 2009

Accidental Rest Week

I've been busy with work lately. I've been scrambling to get a project wrapped up and had a couple late nights early this week.

I spent about 5 years doing that on a regular basis. Thankfully, now it's a rare occurance. That's probably one of the less healthy ways to live--mentally and physically--I'm still losing the weight I packed on during those years. Probably THE least healthy way to live is to be a captain of a crab boat (I've been watching Deadliest Catch lately; my current favorite show)--it seems like chain smoking 30 hours straight is part of that job description.

Anyway, I missed Westlake on Tuesday. I probably could have made it, but the weather was a little sketchy and I only had about 4 hours of sleep, so I erred on the side of less driving.

I spent Wednesday cleaning out my window mount A/C. Constant rain seemed to be turning it into a mold/bacteria colony. I don't want to end up with my name in a newly discovered disease title, so I scrubbed it out with some bleach solution and it's practically as good as new.

Thursday, I was deciding between the Chapel Crit, the LeRoy TT, and going to the "Y" to lift, do some cardio, and see some hot sweaty women, well, as much as I can see with my glasses off and sweat pouring down. As the rain persisted through the morning, I crossed the Chapel off the list. As it got closer to 4, I decided to head to the "Y" to do a TT level effort on the cardio machines and to beat up my quads on the weight machines.

Of course, only 15 minutes into my cardio session, the clouds parted and the sun and blue sky made an appearance. Oh well. I wrapped up the cardio--amazing how much harder it feels indoors with no wind flow--and did a little weight work. It's been about 18 months since I had knee surgery and my right quads are still significantly weaker than my uninjured leg.

I'm going to head out for a tough ride this afternoon and hopefully I'll stay dry and the humidity will drop from 90% to something a little more comfortable.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Humidity didn't drop up here. I am betting the same occured down there.
Missed Leroy to look at babes???

Why didn't you invite me along?

Kevin Kimmich said...

There were hot sweaty women at the "Y" yesterday, but the babes were all in the yoga class while I was on the cardio machines.

The humidity was still pretty high when I went out, but it seems to be dropping. The wind out of the west is nice, though. Hopefully that means the weekend will be nice and dry.

I looped around to Kirtland Chardon Road, then back to Chardon on Rt. 6. The tailwind was huge!

Post a Comment