Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Snow Ride



I went out for another quick ride today on the bike path. This time, I carried my new 'droid phone and logged the ride with the GPS. This post is an experiment of how to embed the track in a blog. Hey, it seems to work!

I'm happy to say the bike path gets lots of use even in the winter. There are quite a few people who are out jogging or walking in the snow, and a handful of people who get out and ride mountain bikes. The bike tire tracks run the length of the trail. I only rode half the trail today. It was a pretty tough slog in the softer snow.

Time to go drink some eggnog. Happy holidays, everyone!

4 comments:

Jim said...

Okay, we are officially declaring you a geek.
BTW, what does the new phone do that the GPS doesn't?? Aren't they redundant?
Merry Christmas!

Julie Lewis-Sroka said...

Seems like a great training tool, but a lot of fun too!

Merry Christmas Kevin!

Kevin Kimmich said...

Jim, I'm happy to be called a geek. The GPS is in the phone, I guess my grammar wasn't clear. In my line of work, I've experienced the whole spectrum of geekiness and I'm nowhere near the extreme end. To get there, I'd have to ride a recumbent with my laptop mounted on the bars and write this post from the trail.

Julie, it is a lot of fun to monkey around with this stuff. It's actually pretty convenient, too. If you've already got your cell phone with you, there's not much need for a bike computer. If the phone had Ant+, you could log power and HR, too. Now that would be cool!

Jim said...

Ah, now I understand what you wrote! I was understanding that you had two different devices but that isn't correct.
Hope you got some new "geek" toys for Christmas.

Post a Comment