Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sausage Arms

The cross country ski season is fickle. Some years we'll get two solid months of great conditions for skiing. Sometimes, I'll be lucky to go five times, so once there is enough snow on the ground I get out as much as my knees and arms will take.

This morning, Chris and I did some snow riding at Best Nature Preserve in Chardon. That was a blast. In the afternoon, I went to Chapin for an hour. There were lots of other people out and there was still some gravel poking through the snow, so I just did a couple of laps, then decided to try out the Maple Highlands Trail, which is being groomed this year.

The trail had been packed once, but had about 1" of fluffy snow on top. I went from the parking lot on Chardon Windsor out to the first bridge over Taylor-Wells Road. About half way there I bonked. I felt like taking a nap, but I decided to continue on.

By the time I got back to the car, I had a bad case of the sausage arms. It will take about a week for me to get used to skiing again, hopefully the snow will stick around for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment