Thursday, June 18, 2009

Good Times at Leroy

A big group turned up for the TT tonight. The weather, which looked like rain all day, finally cleared up. There was a light wind, and the temperatures were very comfortable.

This was my best run of the season so far, 19:58, knocking 24 seconds off my time last week. My average power was actually a little lower, 334 Watts, but I managed to get out of the saddle and punch it a few times on the outbound leg. I finished the last two miles strong.

It feels like there's a lot more left in the tank, so next week I'll aim for 19:30. I should be able to pick up time on the second half of the climb and the descent. I'm basically flat out over the last two miles. The only way I could gain time there is by tweaking my position to get a little more aero.

No comments:

Post a Comment