Thursday, March 4, 2010

southern geauga ride

Hopefully I've closed the book on the skiing season. I skied about 25 times, a total of about 38 hours, and something around 150 miles. This year, my ski season started roughly the same time as last year, but lasted about 1 extra month. Last year, I was done in early February. This year, I packed the skis away just a couple of days ago.

I got out on the road yesterday for my first relatively long ride. I rode tempo down Auburn Road to Winchell and threw in hard efforts up most of the little bumps along the flat route. The weather was sunny and windy. The road wasn't too dirty. I only got blasted with road grime a couple of times by passing trucks.

The signs of spring were definitely there. The snowpack was melting fast around the LaDue reservoir, so the ice was already breaking up. Lots of birds were out. But, of course, the snow is still hanging on. I was feeling pretty cold by the end of the ride and my face got irritated by the cold wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment