Saturday, March 20, 2010

cold wind

I went riding today with Chris, Dave, and John. We left from The Rookery and went out to Burton via Cedar Road and Butternut, then swung south on Rapids Road, and worked west on some of the awesome crappy roads of southern Geauga County. For me, Franks Road was probably the highlight of the trip. It's a chipseal road that's deteriorated so it's more like dirt. You have to hug the side of the road to find a smooth path.

Route Profile from Chris' Garmin

There aren't many flat spots on that route and we rode a pretty good pace for most of it. My quads were complaining right after we got started and I blew up a couple of times. I guess I've accumulated some muscle damage in the past couple of weeks and added quite a bit more today. Every one of those little rollers shows up as a spike in my power meter log.

The temperature conditions were pretty tricky today. It started off cool, warmed up by the middle of the ride, and by the time I was heading home, I was freezing again. I'll be feeling this ride for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment