Wednesday, March 31, 2010

sherman road

I got out for a training ride in the nice sunny weather this afternoon. I didn't have a whole lot of time, so I did a tough ride out Sherman Road. I started at the Bass Lake end of the road, and went out to Caves Road, then looped back home up Mullberry Road hill.

Today, I drilled it on the climbs, but took it easy on the flats and descents. Even so, the ride kicked my ass. The first three rollers felt easy. I managed to crest the hills while I was accelerating and had some speed. By the fourth hill, I dug deep but blew up just before the top. It was the same story out to Caves. I just soft pedaled over to Mullberry to recover, then headed for the hill.

By the time I got to the big climb of the day, the temperature was getting close to 70! It is a lot easier to crank out decent power in warmer temperatures, so the climb didn't feel like a total struggle.

It was only a 90 minute workout, but my legs were fried at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment