Saturday, April 17, 2010

rest week--not really

I planned a rest week to coincide with my trip out to Las Vegas for a trade show this week. I was hoping to enter the weekend feeling rested and refreshed, but I'm still dragging ass and the Covered Bridge race is tomorrow. But, of course, it's snowing right now, and if the weather sucks tomorrow, I'll put off my 2010 debut race to Westlake on Tuesday.

Vegas was cool to see. I went there for the NAB show, which is an exhibit for all the companies that make stuff for TV production and broadcast. All kinds of technology was on display, from cameras to editing equipment, to satellite trucks. 3D TV's and technology were all over the place. I watched a couple demos, which gave me instant eye fatigue. I'm not so sure it's going to catch on in the current format.

I waited for the last day I was out there to rent a car and head out into the mountains and see the Hoover Dam and do some hiking and climbing around. The scenery was spectacular, and the sandstone and basalt made for some fun climbing.

It was a great trip, but not exactly relaxing and refreshing. I didn't get over my jet lag until the day I left. Also, I ended up doing lots of miles of walking, a longish run from my hotel up to the pawn shop that's featured in the show Pawn Stars, and climbed around in the mountains for a few hours. Hopefully I'll get a workout in today and clear out the cobwebs.

By the way, the pawn shop is pretty underwhelming--it's a hole in the wall. It looks like it is undergoing a renovation.

No comments:

Post a Comment