Friday, April 2, 2010

march wrap up

I transitioned from cross country skiing to cycling in March. Skiing helps to preserve some base level of fitness, but doesn't seem to translate directly to on-bike fitness. Similarly, the work I've been doing in the weight room has led to good leg strength, but it still took most of the month for the power meter readings to creep up to "normal" values.

I've settled into a pattern of doing high intensity, but pretty short rides during the week, then doing longer rides on the weekends. This year, compared to last, I started working on top end power early in the season, and am not doing many long tempo rides. Last March I somehow managed to do 37 hours. This year, I managed to do 28 hours.

I feel stronger than last year at this time, but haven't done any serious testing yet. For April, I'll crank up the overall volume a little bit and start adding in some longer intervals.

No comments:

Post a Comment