Friday, January 8, 2010

lack of inspiration

I went over to Chapin late in the afternoon today and planned to hit the climb from the Hobart road side of the park a few times. I pushed hard up to the top of the hill, but was feeling a little tired, and my right knee felt sore immediately instead of after a couple hours. The desire to crank out some high intensity minutes drained out of me. I just finished a full lap of the park and went back to the car and felt like I needed to take a nap.

It was a pretty big contrast to skiing earlier in the week. On Wednesday, I drilled it on the fast snow and felt great. I guess all the skiing caught up with me.

Since December 28th, I've done 13 hours on the skis. I need to let my knee recover a little, so tomorrow I'll get out on the slippery sidewalks of Chardon on the 'cross bike, then do some weight lifting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gotta rest up a little Kevin. A few days off you'll feel like a new man. Believe me, I'm Mr. no rest and then when you do rest and come back you feel great.

Post a Comment