Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Heat is On at CB #2

I'm too tired to copy and paste my race report.

The second week of racing is deposited in the pain bank. The pace on the first lap of the covered bridge course was fast, although looking back at the prior week power file, it wasn't much worse, but I cracked on just the second lap. 

I'll attribute it to fatigue and the mid 80 degree temperatures. I am not used to that heat, yet.

I think I'll shuffle my training schedule. Last week, I did a workout of some kind every day. Two Leroy TT efforts is pretty heavy lifting. It seems like an easy ride day is not quite as refreshing as riding the couch. This week, I'll ride Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and take off Thursday and Friday. Do a tune up on Saturday, then race again.

I'll move Leroy to Wednesday. Hopefully I'll be fresh by next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment