Thursday, April 16, 2009

Leroy TT Ride

I rode an easy tempo north on Ravenna Road to Fay, then did a couple hard efforts on 86 to warm up before riding the Leroy TT course. The wind was out of the north-northwest and the temperature was close to 60F, although it felt a little colder due to the wind off the lake. My plan was to push 300-350W on the outbound leg, and 350-400W on the return. That was a good way to pace the ride.

The 300-350W effort level is pretty easy to sustain. In those conditions, that equalled about 20-22 mph depending on the slope of the road. The 350-400W level was pretty difficult to sustain. In fact, I rarely went over 350W, and was going 25-28mph. However, I didn't feel close to blowing up. I need to ride with more punch to avoid bogging down at a lower power level. Next time, I'll have to work in some anaerobic efforts on each leg of the course to keep the average power higher.

I rode home at walking tempo. My back was sore and I was fairly miserable all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment