Monday, April 20, 2009

Training Tweaks

The first weekend of racing is in the bag, so it's time to assess my training and make some adjustments.

Job number one is still weight loss. The 1 pound per week plan is working, I'll stick to it. I can probably trim the calorie intake a tad and still keep my training intensity up there.

The longer efforts, like the route 86 climb to Clay Street, and county line road loop, and Leroy TT are still the main stay of the training program. My cardio fitness has improved from those efforts, but still has room to grow.

I need to mix more anaerobic efforts into the training during the longer efforts. So at Leroy, I'll punch it two or four times per leg while maintaining the average power targets.

Finally, I need to work on my descending skills in some intensive sessions on Woodiebrook. I'm wasting a lot of energy by touching the brakes on the descents just to have a clear road.

No comments:

Post a Comment