Monday, July 5, 2010

HAPWAT

I was in my car in Chardon when I saw a person staring at a cell phone screen while driving. Contrary to almost every stereotype, it was not a teenager, it was a dude in his mid sixties driving a big pickup. I decided to blast my horn. It obviously shocked him back to reality and scared the shit out of him.

I'm not going to get up on a high horse about driving--I'm not the best or most careful driver in the world. But it's just crazy that so many people get completely absorbed with their cell phone while driving. A car driving at just 35 mph is as potentially dangerous as a gun or a partial stick of dynamite.

I think I'll do that from now on--Honk At People Who Are Texting.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Kevin Murphy and I both screamed at a woman doing the same thing yesterday. First she damned near runs us over and we see she is on the phone. One half mile later she turns around because she has no idea where she is going. Guess why?? This time we yelled at her as loud as we could.
I have HAD it. Like you, I don't care if they like it, or not, when I yell or blow my horn, they are a danger to all of us.
Jerks!

Post a Comment