Saturday, July 3, 2010

itching to go

5/20 Rudely Interrupted on the way to a Personal Best

I'm just about done with the cast--it comes off on the morning of Thursday, July 8. By now, it's completely disgusting. It feels like I've been wearing a gym sock for three of the warmest weeks of the year without washing it or removing it. I have to say, though, that that 3M fiberglass tape is some really cool stuff. It's strong, moldable, and sets instantly.

It's going to be interesting to see where my form is. My training volume was chopped way down in May and June, normally my peak months, and obviously I've been pretty limited in the types of workouts I can do over the past several weeks. So, I'm looking to rebuild and hopefully set myself up for a solid second half of the season, and a solid cyclocross season.

Hopefully, I'll see everyone out there pretty soon!

2 comments:

Jim said...

I find the graphs interesting. The profile and power drop off right away. However the speed goes from about 24 to 45 mph. G forces? I would imagine so. I can't figure out why the cadence peaks the same way though.

Kevin Kimmich said...

I've been wondering about that too. My guess is it's some false readings caused by the impact--either generated by the cadence and speed sensors or from the ibike unit taking a hit. I guess the accelerometer continued working, so the power drops off.

I'm glad at least the power meter survived intact.

Looking at this, it's lucky that I wasn't injured more severely. I figured it's the equivalent of falling from a height of 20 feet.

Post a Comment