Tuesday, July 27, 2010

it's tricky

I was totally worn out when I went out for a ride today. It can be difficult to decide when to throw the towel in, though. Sometimes I feel totally worn out and blah until I get on the bike, and once I get warmed up I end up flying. After a few minutes, I almost turned around and went home, but I thought I'd give my legs more of a chance to warm up first.

I felt fine when I was doing hard efforts, but felt like I was dragging an anchor when I was just riding tempo. That's a sure sign that I need a couple days off, but by then I was already down Thwing Road hill and on my way over to Kirtland Chardon Road.

I did a good effort on the climb, but I was completely done after that and rode home on the little chain ring. I guess I'm due for some recovery time.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Uh, I hate to ask but, did you pay attention to the HEAT???? It is/was a little warm out there in case you missed it!
Good luck in recovering!

Kevin Kimmich said...

yeah, the heat is definitely a factor in wearing me out. I've been out there riding in it all month! So yesterday seemed "cool" by comparison. Although, I haven't been doing a whole lot of climbing this month, and it's a lot easier to stay comfortable at 20+ mph than 8 mph.

Post a Comment